My planetary science and space exploration research falls into roughly five categories – geomorphology of exotic sediment transport mechanisms (dust devils, anchor ice, & radionuclide migration), remote sensing/planetary resource utilization (ISRU), cryosphere/hydrology research (glaciology/arid hydrology), xenoarchaeology, and human factors research in space exploration.
Publications and conference abstracts/presentations to date are as follows:
- McGee, B.W., 2013. The Suborbital Space Radiation Environment: Challenges and Opportunities. 2013 Next-Generation Suborbital Researcher’s Conference, conference proceedings.
- Beck, C.M. and McGee B.W., 2013. The Bottle as the Message: Solar System Escape Trajectory Artifacts. Seventh World Archaeology Congress, conference proceedings.
- McGee, B.W., Boron A.A., and Dooley, W.K., 2012. A Qualitative Assessment of Preflight Fitness Training Strategies and Methods. 2012 Next-Generation Suborbital Researcher’s Conference, conference proceedings.
- Boron A.A., McGee, B.W., and Dooley, W.K., 2012. Astrowright “Flight Readiness Status” Fitness Benchmark Testing. 2012 Next-Generation Suborbital Researcher’s Conference, conference proceedings.
- McGee, B.W., 2011. Rejoinder (to Linda Billings re: Xenoarchaeology). Space Policy, 27(1), 57-59.
- McGee, B.W., Dooley, W.K., and Boron A.A., 2011. SAIFE Certification: Promoting Astronaut Integration and Flight Ergonomics Best Practices. 2011 Next-Generation Suborbital Researcher’s Conference, conference proceedings.
- McGee, B. W., 2010. A Call for Proactive Xenoarchaeological Guidelines: Scientific, International Policy, and Socio-Political Considerations. Space Policy, 24(4), 209-213.
- Kempema, E. W., Ettema, R., and McGee, B. W., 2008. Insights from Anchor Ice Formation in the Laramie River, Wyoming. International Association of Hydraulic Engineering and Research Symposium on Ice, July 6-11, conference proceedings.
- McGee, B. W., 2008. Intersections of Planetary Science and Archaeology: Planetary protection, astrobiology, and guidelines for a xenoarchaeological methodology. Society for American Archaeology 73rd Annual Meeting, conference proceedings.
- McGee, B. W., 2007. Archaeology and Planetary Science: Entering a new era of interdisciplinary research. EOS Trans. AGU, v. 88(52), Fall Meeting Supplement, Abstract P41A-0203.
- McGee, B. W., 2006. Utilizing an extraterrestrial analogue to predict contaminant migration on Frenchman Flat due to convective vortex (dust devil) activity. EOS Trans. AGU, v. 87(52), Fall Meeting Supplement, Abstract P31B-0125.
- McGee, B. W., 2005. Eldorado Valley Dust Devil Project: Methods to engage the public mind. Workshop on Dust Devils: Earth and Mars, Arizona State University / USGS Astrogeology, 19-20 Sept., conference proceedings, p. 47.
- McGee, B. W., team leader, University of Wyoming Collaborative Microgravity Flight Team, Microgravity Centrifugal Smelter Project, NASA Reduced Gravity Student Flight Opportunities Program, submitted 2004, no-fly.
- Kempema, E. W., McGee, B. W., and Pueblitz, L., 2004. Video Observations of Anchor Ice/Sediment Interactions in Two Rocky Mountain Streams. EOS Trans. AGU, v. 85(47), Fall Meeting Supplement, Abstract C43C-0241.
- McGee, B. W., Harper, J. T., Humphrey, N. F., and Pfeffer, W. T., 2003. Water flow through widespread and interconnected void spaces at depth in a temperate glacier. EOS Trans. AGU, v. 84(46), F355.
- Acknowledged for research assistance in: R. R. Howell, et al., 2001, Ground-based Observations of Volcanism on Io in 1999 and early 2000. J. Geophys. Res. (Planets) 106: 33129 – 33139.